5 Reasons You Can’t Sleep properly
More than 30% of us suffer from sleeplessness and among them, more than 10% have chronic insomnia. Insomnia can be due to many reasons:
- A loss
- Relationship stress
- High stress at work,
- Prolonged Illness or pain
- Negative thoughts
- Exposure to the television lights, computers and phones before bed.
Stats on Insomnia
- Today, people sleep 20% less than they used to sleep 100 years ago.
- More than 30% of the population is affected by Insomnia, globally.
- One in every 3 people suffer from Insomnia during their lifetime coz of one reason or another.
- More than 50% of Americans are insomniacs due to anxiety or stress or both.
- More than 40% of people suffer from insomnia (over the age of 60).
- Women are more likely to suffer from insomnia than the opposite sex.
- Family history is visible in 35% of insomniacs for the same problem.
- 90% of patients with depression suffer from insomniacs.
- Sleep deprivation is a major cause of to become overweight or obese. In 27% cases, this has been found.
Here are top 5 reasons why one can’t sleep
You Think too much
Sometimes due to some tricky project, conflict on office or home affects you. Normally, people don’t have control over thoughts. People are thinking even if you are trying to sleep and this effects your sleep indirectly.
2. Long Gap in meals:
Hunger pangs will simply wake you up when you are going to bed hungry. A study suggests that people who try to remain hungry to lose weight might wake up more frequently.
3. Late night working:
Late night working followed by the extra working hours the next morning throw off your natural clock, which is controlled by the nervous system in the brain that regulates your appetite and body temperature. A good night sleep is a must for the human body.
4. Intake of Caffeine:
Having caffeine in the afternoon could effect your sleep at night. Also, consumption of alcohol before sleeping might effect your sleep.
5. Sleeping Atmosphere:
Try to keep the room as dark as possible. Cover mirrors to avoid external light effecting your sleep. Power off all equipment having LED lights as, these disturb your sleep even during closed eyes. For noise reduction use earplugs.