Super Foods with a Twist
There are super foods you can eat that benefit the heart, brain, liver, and other vital organs. Another benefit that is commonly shared is, the presence of antioxidants used to battle free radicals and help keep us free from disease and fight the ageing process. Superfoods with a twist fight infection, enhance your immune system and protect against diseases such as osteoporosis, heart disease, certain cancers, diabetes, and respiratory infections.
Below are recipes of some super foods with a twist
How to make Broccoli Salad
- First of all, bring to boil a pot of water and add a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of cooking oil. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water to desired softness.
- Drain and run the boiled broccoli through cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow the broccoli to drain thoroughly to remove excess water.Mix the dressing ingredients together. Add the garlic and chilli to the dressing ingredients.
- Place the broccoli on serving plate or bowl. Pour the dressing over it.
- Your salad is ready. It is one of the super foods with a twist.
How to make Avocado Spread
- Mash the avocado flesh into a spreadable consistency. Scoop the flesh of the avocado out of its peel with a spoon. In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado into mush.
- You can mash cubes or slices of avocado, as well, but using scooped avocado may make things a bit easier.
- Use the back, flat sides of the tines or prongs when mashing an avocado with a fork.
- Alternatively, use a food processor. Blend the avocado in a food processor on a low speed for 30 seconds or so, if you would prefer a smooth, puree spread.
- Do not puree the avocado for too long. Otherwise, you may end up with liquefied avocado instead of mashed avocado.
- Use the avocado spread on bread. Avocado spread makes a healthy, tasty choice for the whole-grain bread of all varieties.
- In addition to using plain bread, you can also use avocado spread on toast, bagels, waffles, and English muffins.
- Add toppings to the avocado spread. If the taste of avocado alone leaves you less than impressed, you can top the spread with a few complementary tastes. Its examples include the following:
- Cucumber slices
- Kiwi slices
- Tomato slices
- Feta cheese
- Poached egg
- Red pepper flakes
- Use avocado spread as a substitution for mayo. In case you want a healthier stuff, slather avocado spread onto any sandwich or burger you would usually use mayo on. The choices include:
- Turkey sandwiches
- Club sandwiches
- Chicken breast sandwiches
- Soy burgers
Almond and Banana Smoothie
- Firstly, combine the almonds, bananas and ½ cup of milk and blend in a juicer till the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Add the sugar, remaining 1 cup of milk, vanilla essence and 8 ice-cubes and blend in a juicer till the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour equal quantities of the smoothie into 4 individual glasses.
- Serve immediately. This is one of the best examples of super foods.